Thursday, July 29, 2010

Rain

I just commented on a post my sister, Becky, put on her blog about having monsoon storms for 2 days in a row. I had just commented that we hadn't had any rain yet. We were hoping we'd get some soon - maybe tonight. Things were looking pretty good outside but we have seen hopeful skies only to have things break up and only get a drop or two of rain.

Not 5 minutes later our front porch looks like the bestest slip and slide ever. The rain is pouring down and draining with gusto toward the cul de sac. I can hear the rain pounding on our south facing windows. When I realized the rain was actually coming I ran to the mailbox to get todays mail. I got wet - but thank goodness I went when I did. I could have been drenched!

And guess what I spent all day doing? The floors! The floors! It took dang near all day too. We have a lot of tile! So I hope I don't yell at anyone about getting my floors messed up. I have a breakfast here on Saturday morning and needed to do them. But why today? Yeah, it is like getting rain right after washing a car. But sheesh!

Oh well. We love the rain. We need the rain. I'll take the rain - any day.

No comments: