Monday, July 18, 2011

Snow Blower

Sometimes when it is really hot here I think about being cooler. I can visualize a huge snow blower (used to clear snow off of driveways and sidewalks in some locations during the winter months). I can see the beautiful, cold, white, fluffy snow arching high into the air - and landing into a huge pile. Then I can see myself right on that pile of snow in sunglasses, a sun hat, and with sunscreen on while sitting in a lawn chair in my swimming suit and sipping on an ice cold lemonade. It just seems like heaven.

Well on Saturday I think I figured out how I could actually make that happen. I was having guests to dinner on Sunday so I decided to make some bread. I got out my wheat grinder and put some wheat in it. I plugged it in and turned it on. Doh! Disaster! My freshly ground wheat flour was gracefully arching high into the air and landing in the general area of our table! Did I say, Doh! I forgot to attach the collection bowl to the grinder. Wow does that wheat grinder have power!



So I figure if I fill the wheat grinder with some ice cubes and turn it on, it would perform just like a snow blower and I could be enjoying my dream life on a huge pile of freshly ground snow. It is a definite possibility. I think I'll try it one day soon. Only thing stopping me now is that I have flour everywhere. Yes, even after sweeping, dusting, and vacuuming. So when I get every last drop of flour cleaned up I'll invite you over to enjoy a pile of home-made snow brought to you my my own wheat grinder/snow blower machine. Don't forget your boots!

2 comments:

Kevin_Amold said...

Why, yes, you DID say "D'OH!"

Shirl and Bill said...

Oh, no. What a mess. I would have been cussing....