Friday, October 14, 2011

Tennis

A friend gave me her ticket to the Cancer Treatment Centers of America Tennis Championships at Surprise Arizona. Wow! That was a mouthful! From now on I will refer to it as Tennis. There, much easier. It happens every year and tennis "has beens" or putting it in a better light previous tennis champions come and participate. This year we had Pete Sampras, Michael Chang, Jim Courier, Mats Wilander, Chris Evert, and Tracy Austin.

Anyway, I got her Saturday night ticket. I went with a friend of hers and we enjoyed the cool evening out at the Surprise recreation Campus Tennis & Racquet Complex - another mouthful.
Here is the rundown on the evening:
Semi-Final #1 - Courier def Wilander 6-3

Semi-Final #2 - Sampras def Chang 6-3

Championship - Sampras def Courier 8-7

I had a good time watching Tennis.

1 comment: