Monday, July 23, 2012

Large Beetle

Dad and I got busy Saturday morning in the back yard.  He mowed the lawn and I prepared to paint the storage room doors.  I was in and out of the house several times getting the needed supplies:  paint - check, rags - check, hat - check, brush - check, roller - check, tape for masking - check, and so forth.  When I was in the house Doug came in and told me he found a monster cockroach - 6 inches long.  Really?  Is this like "the fish I caught" stories?  Gross exaggeration?!  He wanted to capture it so I could see it.  So he took out a 2# blueberry container that was empty and went to work.  He told me to get the camera and come outside.  I did that.  Then he brought over the container and it was HUGE!  As you can see in the picture it is as long as his finger and wider too.  A monster cockroach.  Well maybe not that.  But we both agreed it was probably a large beetle.  Did I say GROSS! Yeah.  So instead of trying to find a way to kill it - I had Doug flick it over the block wall next to the road.  He's only getting this one chance though.  If it returns to our yard we will destroy it! 


1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

Oh, my Gosh!!!
How would you kill something like that? Squishey to step on it.
can't shoot it..?! Glad it was in your yard.....