Sunday, August 19, 2012

Culture Night

Last night was a Culture Night for Doug and his Young Men's group.  He had some famous classical music playing as they arrived and they listened to it and talked about it briefly.  Then for the main event they watched the classic movie, "The Princess Bride".   He had a good showing and they seemed to like it well enough to come again. 

So the boys gathered to hear a bedtime story:

The boys were able to hear lines like this:


And this:


Meanwhile, was I increasing my culture points?  No, I was not.  I was holed up in the sewing room - IRONING.  I spent 3 solid hours catching up on my ironing.  No exaggeration - 3 SOLID HOURS.  And I was ironing Doug's shirts the entire time.  How many button-down work shirts can a person have?  Believe me, plenty.  (I thought I should mention that I had already ironed 8 or so of his shirts in the previous day or two.)  I must have filled the steam compartment 20 times.  I still have to iron my things.  So I didn't get any culture points last night - no - instead I was sweating over a hot iron, IRONING



Don't feel too badly for me.  It feels good to have them done. 

2 comments:

Shanna Selin said...

Sounds like a nightmare! I hate ironing. Evan is required to buy wrinkle free or iron his own shirts.

Shirl and Bill said...

You HAVE been busy and away for a couple of weeks so guess it really adds up.