Monday, May 25, 2009

Critters



There was a scorpion in the house before it was officially ours. I had come alone to measure windows. So I bravely stood back and threw a phone book at it. After a few failed attempts I hit the bullseye. That smashed it. I had hoped it didn't have any more family or friends in the house. And until today I was pretty confident that it had just accidentally wandered in during the months the house sat vacant. But Doug set up a desk with a computer downstairs so he can have a quiet work station. And while he was down there today he spotted and killed another scorpion. So now I'm a little paranoid about it. And on top of that a medium-sized fast-moving spider came running at me just after Doug's episode with the scorpion. I feel like I'm outside sharing my living space with the critters who really live there.





Am I getting any sympathy out there from anyone? I could use a little.

2 comments:

Kevin_Amold said...

Hm. It is a desert after all......

evans said...

Maybe you could just put black lights all over the house. That would help you out...