Friday, October 16, 2009

Someone's Birthday

October 15th is a day of celebration in our house. The celebration was rather muted this year - but celebrate we did. Doug was center stage today. I made him this nice breakfast but he didn't eat it in bed - he is going to work too early these days for that. He opened one gift before work this morning. It was the Kevan's gift. He loved it and was thinking about it all day long.


I decided that instead of cooking dinner we would go out to dinner (I haven't yet caught up and done grocery shopping since my Great Grand Canyon Adventure - post to follow). But we decided to wait for Scott to get off work and then go to dinner. So by the time we ate dinner - at Black Angus - I was starved! The food was good. Doug got a special that included Lobster, Shrimp, and Steak. Here is the advertised special on the flier.


Most of his time at home in the evening was spent talking on the phone with family members who called to wish him a "happy birthday".

Anyway, we were almost in bed for the night before I remembered to get out his gift. He got 3 new shirts and a new flashlight. We have a lot of old worn down and failing flashlights but not too many that actually work to our satisfaction. So that was needed. I hope it is a good one that lasts for a long time.

Because of our later dinner we didn't even have room for cake or pie. Hopefully that doesn't throw Doug off his birthday groove. It's always fun to celebrate someone's birthday - especially when it is your own!

1 comment:

Lckevan said...

I don't know how I missed this update, but i finally noticed it. SO I thought I would comment. Looks like Dad had a great birthday and I'm starving right now, so that picture you took of the breakfast you made for him looks sooooooo good! I would go make myself the exact same thing, but we don't have yogurt or english muffins!