Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blast of Cold Air

A true blast of cold air has hit the Valley of the Sun. It is a frigid 20 degrees this morning. Yesterday it might have gotten to 44 and today we'll be lucky to get to 50.

The Pro-Am part of the Phoenix Open was cancelled yesterday due to the greens and grounds being frozen. Today is even colder - so who knows what will happen with the tournament. Our back hose has a frozen waterfall coming out of the spout - hopefully it thaws so I can water my garden (and hopefully it hasn't frozen!). My hearty tennis sisters and I even cancelled playing yesterday because it was not only cold but the wind was blowing and howling like crazy!

I heard Punxsatawney Phil saw his shadow so we are in for an early spring. But that won't happen until this blast of cold air makes its way through Arizona and the rest of the country. Today would be a great day for hot chocolate, homemade bread, a hot bowl of soup or chili, watching a DVD all cozied up in the couch, and yes - turning on the heater in the house.

3 comments:

lindzandrob said...

I think the hose pictures are really cool. It is really cold here too. We are staying inside.

becky d said...

I thought the picture was cool too. Do you leave your water on in your hose?

Shirl and Bill said...

Holy mackrell!! I knew it was cold......