Wednesday, May 11, 2011

69.1

We have been blessed with another break in the weather. We know it should be warm (read hot) in Phoenix when we are halfway through May. But we have not hit 100 so far this year. It starts getting warm, on the verge of hot, and just when we think we are going to stay hot until the fall we get a change in weather. Usually it gets windy and the temperatures drop and everyone around here just smiles and breathes deeply and enjoys it for all it is worth.

We are doing that again. We haven't hit the 90's for at least 3 days now. I don't even think we hit 80 yesterday. And the nights - heavenly. We have left the fans on in the evenings and have been able to chill - that is right - chill our house completely. Take a look:


This morning it was 69.1 - inside! Ignore the 105.3 reading for the outside temperature - when the sun comes up and hits directly on the sensor it gets a little wacky and wimpy and we know that reading is way off. But you can count on the 69.1 reading to be accurate. I actually pulled a little blanket on my legs as I was doing my computer work this morning. Ahhhhh. So nice to be cool.


But all good things must end and I'm afraid the heat is coming to stay.


Hope we don't all melt away!

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're in for it in the not to far future....