Monday, June 27, 2011

My ABC's

Sadie likes to sing us the ABC song each week during our video chat. So my post today is my way of doing the ABC song. Enjoy.
There is a change here at our house. We have the missionaries who serve in our ward living with us. They moved in one week ago. They are really busy - we rarely see them. And they are good missionaries. We are enjoying having them here. We hope they are enjoying it here as well. We sort of buttered them up last night by sharing home made popcorn with them. I KNOW they enjoyed that. So here they are - meet Elder Tanner and Elder Hohman.
This morning I went on a bike ride. I left at 9:35 (a little later than I wanted to). I got home at 11:15. I had my Camelback for hydration - and I used it a lot. I rode down to Bethany Home and 83rd Avenue and hopped on the path that parallels the canal. Everything was good until I crossed 43rd Avenue at Osborne - I started seeing lots and lots of tagging and got feeling uncomfortable (no one knew I was riding my bike or the route I was taking). So I just turned around and came back. Total distance 16.4 miles. On the way home I stopped by Tolmachoff Farms and bought a dozen corn-on-the-cobs. I can't wait for dinner tonight to eat some. It was a little hard riding the 2 3/4 miles home with the corn in a bag. But I did it.

Yesterday I did a favor for my RS Secretary. We watched Charlie their Chihuahua. He was a skinny nervous dog. But before long he quit shaking and shivering and liked us to pet him. He even played with some of his toys. Don't worry Billie. He brought his own toys and didn't use any of yours. Want to know a secret about Charlie? He is bald on his legs, belly, chest, and underside of his neck and chin. CRAZY!! We enjoyed having him for the day. We'd do it again too, if asked. Right Doug? Right? Oh well, maybe not.



This morning I was at the kitchen sink and saw something at the hummingbird feeder. No not BOO my albino hummingbird. It has been more than a year since I saw him. But there was a Baltimore Oriole sitting on one of the feeders. Quick! I needed to grab the camera. But by the time I got back all I saw was a blur of black and yellow. Well I left the camera there, on the window sill, and kept checking back. When I got distracted that dang bird came back. By the time I saw it there it was already leaving. I'm just not quite quick enough. I sure hope to get my own picture. But to spice up this post I got a picture from online.
On the way to church yesterday I found a very long hair that had fallen out of my head. That is not so unusual. But this was a very long silver hair. Just because I was curious I measured it while I was in the library. I'm taking guesses from anyone who wants to make a guess on how long the hair was. Just make a comment to make your guess.

Remember when I told you about the bike ride that made my left pinky and part of the ring finger numb? Well that very slowly but surely was wearing off. And yesterday I thought my fingers felt pretty normal. So then what extremely dumb thing did I do? I did a 16.4 mile ride today and they are numb again. The crazy thing is - my right pinky and part of my ring finger are also numb this time. What can I say? At least I'm evened up now.

6 comments:

Kevin_Amold said...

38 inches long.

Shirl and Bill said...

Loved the story!! I'll bet Sadie loved it too.


24 inches

Lckevan said...

45 inches. Maybe you should start riding your bike without using your hands. Maybe that will solve your problem! :)

Carrie Selin said...

Hey I'm only 63 inches tall. I'd be totally sitting on a 45 incher! I think you've been watching a little too much "Tangled". Ha ha.

evans said...

36 inches.

You should get some gloves for your hands so that they don't go numb.

Carrie Selin said...

And the answer is - drum roll please - 21 inches. That seems long to me but most of you guessed much longer. Shirl and Bill would be the best guessers.