Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Winter Weather

We are having a wonderful autumn.  We have been having the most heavenly temperatures.  We had a couple of rains too.  So as soon as the evenings cool down we open the windows and blow cool air into the house all night long (providing the cattle yard stink doesn't float our way).  By 8 in the morning we close everything up and enjoy a comfortably cool house all day long.  We have been enjoying the routine completely.
Enter - cold front.  Most recently it has been downright cold.  We are actually having some Winter Weather!  I love the cold.  I sort of save up or make up from the hot sweaty weather we know will come again soon enough.  Well with the cold front we had clouds, huge wind, and rain.  Yay for rain!  But a few nights ago all the wind and clouds and rain stopped and the sky got clear and it got COLD!  In the morning our outside thermometer was registering 38 degrees.  Ch ch ch chilly!  That was Tuesday morning.

Tuesday morning is also tennis morning.  It took me longer to get ready because I was layering in order to stay warm.  I wore a long sleeve shirt with a short sleeve shirt on top.  I wore 2 jackets on top of that.  Then I had on capris with track pants over that.  Then I spent a good amount of time searching for a warm knitted beanie hat and my gloves.  BTW - I found them eventually.  Anyway - here is a picture documenting the ensemble.  It did keep me warm.  Actually after a few short minutes on the court I ended up taking off the jackets, the track pants, the beanie, and eventually the gloves too.  So Winter Weather you didn't beat me.

Now the curious thing is that the missionaries who live downstairs had their double fan unit in their window all night and morning blowing that Winter Weather cold air into the house.  Why?  I can't tell you that.  But their actions resulted in our inside temperature hovering around 63.  Now that is chilly.

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

HELLO missionaries, do you not know how this works???