Sunday, February 5, 2012

Buckingham Palace

Did I ever tell you that I've been to Buckingham Palace in London?  Well I have.  My mom has too.  It was, shall I say, palacial?  Very large, lots of rooms, stairs, long halls, tons of windows, built to last a long time, and the decor - ppssshh out of this world.

But I'm here to tell you that there is a Buckingham Palace here.  Not more than 5 miles from our house.  It is huge.  It has lots of rooms. It has ramps and windows.  It even has turrets. and don't forget the ferris wheel.  Ladders - two of them. Two slide like features. There is also fur - lots!  It is amazing.  Truly amazing.  If any of you want to come see it sometime - I think I can arrange for a private showing just so you can be convinced about my very accurate description of said palace

How could this Buckingham Palace be such a secret?  A view heretofor seen by only 6 human eyes?  Well let me explain.  My friend - bought the palace.  She might be rich - I'm not sure.  But the palace came unassembled in a bazillion boxes and happily delivered by the UPS man.  She needed some help assembling it.  So yesterday Doug and I took our battery operated drill and helped with the assembly. 

First we unpacked boxes, laid like items together, opened and defined what hardware we had, and then - kids what do you think we did?  Yep, the silver rule - we read and followed the directions.  We started from the bottom up and slowly but surely the Buckingham Palace began to take shape.  We had tubes, towers, and turrets, ladders, slides, and ramps, 3 or 5 sizes of round houses with entry ports in them, ferris wheel, platforms and wings.  I mentioned fur?  The components were either covered with fur or coiled rope.  And with only 1 exception (faulty piece - not our fault) we got the entire palace constructed in 4 hours.  Whew!  (The guy at the place she bought the palace said their guys could get it assembled in 3 hours - so we didn't do too bad.)

So here you are -
a peek at the West Valley's very own
Buckingham Palace
Finished size? 
Nine feet tall.
Six feet wide.
Four feet deep.
Weight - a ton!
Her cats are sooooo lucky!

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

Well, a little different than the one we saw OVER THERE but how lucky can a cat be!!