Thursday, October 18, 2012

Four Things

First Thing:  Isaac does not like the idea of a scorpion being in the house.  But to his dismay we have found at least two scorpion carcasses in our house since he has been here.  And when he was asked to remove one of the said carcasses he was a little nervous.  He got even more nervous when he realized the scorpion wasn't finished kicking the bucket.  He had a few slow arm movements left in him.  So when Isaac was scooping up the scorpion up just a sudden simple noise from me made him jump 10 feet into the air.  He hasn't jumped that high since . . . . . . . well, ever!

 
Second Thing:  Sampson Crockett was a beautiful baby boy born way too early.  He lived a very short time.  I wept at the thought of Jill and Jonathan losing that precious son.  I crocheted this little hat and blanket through my tears.  I hope they know how much we all grieve for them and with them.  Sampson is now waiting in Heaven for us all to join him. 

 
Third Thing:  McDonald's Monopoly is in full swing.  Of course, we almost have 3 or 4 monopolies.  But everyone else seems to be looking for the same pieces we are looking for.  Go Figure! We don't usually go to McDonalds - but this year we have a good reason to go.  We go to see our son, SCOTT, on the nation wide Monopoly poster that is on display in every McDonalds restaurant.  It is awesome.  Our now famous son has taken to lounging around in his soccer attire and asking the people around him to "do him a favor" or "get him a drink" or "let him have the recliner" or whatever.  Do you think a little attention has gone to his head?  Quite Possibly.

 
 
Fourth Thing:  Finally, my microwave is still not working.  Doug will order the part we need "very soon".  I am waiting patiently for the - tortoise to finish the race (see earlier post) .  But I am not holding my breath.  I definitely would expire before the finish. 






No comments: