Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Security

We finally did it.  We got a security door.  We have been wanting one - but they are quite expensive.  But with the good weather approaching we decided now was the time.  So we plunked down a big pile of money and got one ordered. 

What was cool was that Doug and I were leaving for a mini vacation on Thursday afternoon, October 25th.  I was picking up Doug from work and we were continuing northbound from there.  So I arranged the installation of the security door for that Thursday morning without telling Doug. 

The installation went smoothly and I loved the door.  But I didn't say a word to Doug.  It would be left up to him as to when he noticed it.  I even thought we would be getting into town late Saturday night and with it being dark Doug might not notice the security door until Sunday morning.  But that was part of the fun. 

Turns out we returned somewhat early Saturday afternoon - in full light.  But Doug didn't notice the door.  We were unloading through the garage - but still you could see the door, if you looked.  I was almost exploding because he just didn't notice.  But in the evening I think I asked Doug to go water the plants and as he headed out - the front door - he noticed the security door.  I mean how could he miss it? 

We are now getting used to having another door to lock as we go in and out.  This door needs a key to lock and unlock from both sides - so right now it seems to be a hassle.  But it will be worth it if anyone ever tries to break in the front security door.  I don't think that is going to happen. 

Here is how it looks:

Inside the house
 




Outside the house


Outside the house at night