Friday, June 29, 2012

Fathers Day

Fathers Day has come and gone.  It was celebrated in the traditional way.  He was served breakfast in bed - however I didn't sing any Primary song to him as the meal was delivered.  I made a nice lunch/dinner for Doug.  Then he positioned himself in a comfortable place to receive video calls from his kids.  He enjoyed talking to his kids a lot.  Scott even made his way over to the house to spend the evening with Doug.  An extra special treat. 

We had a discussion before Mothers Day that we would not get gifts for each other.  but when Mothers Day came around - he did get me a present.  So as Fathers Day approached I debated back and forth whether I needed to get him a gift or not.  But Yugster took care of that debate.  One morning I saw that they had a neon BYU clock as one of their deals.  I immediately jumped on it.  It would be the perfect gift for Fathers Day.

A few days before Fathers Day we had some friends moving out of the ward and they were selling an Eliptical Machine.  The perfect exercise option for Doug.  So we  bought it and counted it as his Fathers Day gift.  (But I had already ordered the above mentioned gift.)  The Eliptical machine can be seen in the background of the picture below. 

Anyway, I played along with the "no gift" decision until later in the evening.  I snuck the gift to the darkened bedroom.  I took the clock out of the packaging, put in the batteries, set the clock, and plugged the neon lights in.  Then I secluded myself in the gold bathroom and texted Doug.  I asked where he was and what he was doing.  I thought he'd text me back.  I think he did that but he also got up and went directly to the bedroom.  What!?  My plan to make him search the house by following directions that I would text to him was foiled!  Rats, and double darn!! 

 Oh well.  He seemed delighted with the clock.  The plan is to put it down in the basement "man cave" eventually.  But until the missionaries move out it isn't going anywhere near the basement. 


Now all we need to do is to have Doug take some clock reading lessons.  Ha ha.


1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

I'm going to come and use that eliptical!
I love the clock.tee hee