Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Busy

What keeps me busy. Well I have been working on this lovely t-shirt quilt. I have made one for 3 of my kids. This is the last one I need to do to be fair and even.
I am also busy making myself, yes that means for me, a new small TV blanket. The orange one I have is over 20 years old and is looking pretty ratty. I decided to get some material and make myself a new one in pinks. I have made all the triangle edging pieces and have them stitched onto the top piece. The flannel backing is tennis themed. Appropriate. I will need someone to help me tie the blankets. Any volunteers? I didn't think so.

I am also busy trying to make tasty bread. Mom gave me a delicious molasses bread recipe the other day. I've made it a few times and it is delicious. This particular recipe is a knock off for the bread you get at Black Angus. I must say it is very tasty. I am also going to get the book called "Artisan bread in 5 minutes a day" or "Heathy bread in 5 minutes a day". If' I'm feeling rich I'll get both. Those books have a technique that you can make and store bread dough in the fridge. Then you just pull out enough to make a loaf every day - a loaf of crusty delicious and healthy bread. My mouth waters when I consider the possibilities.



1 comment:

Lckevan said...

I have wanted that artisan bread in 5 minutes a day book for such a long time. I keep wanting to look it up at the library to see if they have it, but I keep forgetting. Hmmm...I think i will do it right now.