Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hits

What a wonderful Christmas! We enjoy the most beautiful weather at Christmastime here in Phoenix. Just ask the Kevan's. They were here with us and they really liked our weather better than what they left in Springville! I'd say that our weather was a big HIT!


Because the weather was so great we were able to go to the zoo one day. It was beautiful! We also went to my friend's house and see her dog, chickens, and horses close up. The black horse seemed to enjoy licking and nibbling on Rob! Sadie kept busy trying to hug all the animals. That trip was a HIT too!

My best find as far as giving gifts go, in my humble opinion, was the comfortable lounging and/or pajama pants that I got the guys. They looked like old, faded, raggedy, torn jeans. A big HIT!

Sadie got a new doll that she loved. It had batteries and a switch so that it could make baby babbling sounds and move a little bit. That was a big HIT with Sadie.

I got two Amaryllis bulbs and planted them. They were pretty slow and I dispaired that they wouldn't bloom at all. But alas I got one of them to bloom on Christmas Day - two beautiful red flowers opened up. Another HIT!


A friend of mine showed me a cool Christmas Decoration at her apartment last year. It was called Santa's Marching Band and she bought it long ago. It had a Santa and other marching band members that each had 2 bells and a clanger. As the switch is turned on the decoration plays 35 different Christmas songs with each character swiveling either left or right to hit the appropriate bell. It is really cute. I loved it sooo much that I went home and started looking for it. I found one on ebay and set myself up for the bidding. In the last few seconds there was a flurry of bids and I ended up winning the item. The item came after Christmas so I didn't get to display it until this year. It was so fun and cute!

A BIG HIT!!

As far a gifts for me - I loved them all. Thanks to Lindsey for crocheting me a couple of things plus a set of the cutest refrigerator magnets I've ever seen. They are a HIT. Thanks to Shanna for making me the bestest apron ever. I love it - a real HIT! My mom "gave" us a large and beautifully framed photo of the Mesa Temple in Sepia tones. It looks great in the Family Room - a HIT for sure. Mom and Dad Selin "gave" us a big framed photo of the Salt Lake Temple in black and white - it hangs in the Living Room. It is a definite HIT. Doug came up with a big HIT too. It was the project that he was working on through Christmas Eve Day. He made me an cool stand for my Girls Camp Hiking Stick. I love it - it was a big HIT. It is now displayed in our entry!

A very memorable Christmas with many big HITS!

No comments: