Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wet


It is wet here.


We have rain this week. You heard me right - this whole week - Monday through Friday. And this is not our typical rain. Nope. Not hit or miss. Not this sketchy "trace" of rain stuff. Not having to measure like my dad used to (he would call it a "6 inch rain" when the space between the drops on the ground was 6 inches - that sounds better than "it's sprinkling".) This is the real stuff. A few observations about the event.


1. As the rain drains off the roof of our new house - front entry - it rinses all the dirt off the roof tiles and onto our entry. I get wet when I try to sweep the mud away.


2. Our front entry is painted with nice looking epoxy. This epoxy is extremely slippery when wet. We almost feel like we need a "Slippery When Wet" sign. We don't want friends and neighbors suing us if they slip and fall. A friendly warning up front should cover any negligence on our part. Right?


3. The rain leaked into our garage under both doors leading to the outside world. Nothing too serious. But if it keeps raining - we may have to get some sandbags or something. We don't want our junk, err I mean valuables, getting wet.


4. We have a serious patch of weeds growing in the back yard. They seem to thrive along the south fence - without watering. They did not need this rain! We don't want to encourage permanent residence! I'm afraid they love getting wet.


5. Our hummingbirds come and eat even during the rain. So if the rain continues, I'll have to refill their nectar containers and get wet myself. I don't mind though. I could always use a good shower.

6. This morning when I got the newspaper - everything was dry and the sky was totally clear. Where did all the rain go? Not even my feet got wet.

7. After having such a hearty rain storm yesterday - the weatherman announced that the "REAL STORM" is still coming. Does that mean we didn't get a rain storm yesterday? Or maybe we don't know what a rain storm really is? Whatever, it should arrive Thursday. And we will all get WET!

1 comment:

becky d said...

Well, we did all get wet, didn't we. I'm loving your blog!