Monday, June 7, 2010

Catching Up #6 - Reams

Is a trip to Springville complete without a trip to Reams? I think not.


I did make a few trips to Reams in the car. But the memorable trips were walking with Sadie.

Here was the routine:


1. Every time we went it was cold and windy - sometimes a little rainy too. So we would get all bundled up.


2. We would exit the back door and into the sagging garage to get to the jogging stroller - not that I planned on jogging. I would pump up the back tires as much as possible. Then we would load Sadie, strap her in, and be off.


3. We always went the same way. We would see the same pretty flowers. The trees had some nice smelling blossoms on them. Crossing Center Street sometimes took a few minutes - the traffic was unusually heavy due to construction on 4th East. We were "greeted" loudly and vigorously by a very big and aggressive dog. We would see the kids playing at the school we passed. Then we knew we were almost there.


4. Sadie always wanted out of the stroller in Reams but I brought a sucker and that seemed to keep her in the stroller and occupied. I quickly picked out the needed items stacking them carefully on and around Sadie. Then a quick stop at the bakery for 2 delicious doughnuts for the road.


5. After paying for the groceries and tucking them in the stroller we would exit the store. I would pass out the pastries and we would eat them on the way home.


6. I always got Sadie a sugar doughnut and she loved it. She would eat it much like a cob of corn - making sure she had a good sugar load in every bite. It was messy - but oh, so good! That doughnut got us all the way back home - past the kids at the school, the guard dog, traffic on Center, and the flowers and blossoming trees.


7. Sometimes on the way home I would discover that one or both of the back tires were getting dangerously low on air and would resort to jogging so that I would arrive home before the need to pump up the tires again.


8. Once home we needed to de-sugar Sadie. There was sugar in the stroller seat, on Sadie's pants, on her hands and fingers, all over her face, and even in her hair.


That, my friends, is your successful trip to Reams.

2 comments:

trudy said...

Your stories are always a joy to read....you are quite the writer!! I am now craving a doughnut! LOL

becky d said...

Yum...Reams sugar doughnuts or any doughnuts for that matter. Okay, NOT Krispy Kreme's. I loath Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I don't even know why, but they are not my fav's.