Friday, January 14, 2011

Calvin, Sadie, and Zachary

Where have I been? What have I been doing? It's been 3 weeks since Christmas and not a peep from me.


We had the whole family together at our house for Christmas. It was a long anticipated event. And I made preparations and decorated and battened down the hatches for the wild ride. But what we didn't expect was a nasty flu bug - traveled here with Lindsey and kids. Anyone who was here at the house got their own version of it. And nobody could keep anything down except Evan, with his stomach of steel. It took a good 5-7 days for it to run its course and for us to feel better. The only person who entered the house and didn't get laid low with this nasy bug was - drum roll please - my mom. She was warned and still made a quick trip over. I worried as one by one we got sick that mom would too. I worried for the entire 5-7 days but she never got sick at all. What kind of vitamins is she taking anyway? I want some of those.


Shortly after our guests left we packed up Isaac and all his worldly posessions and followed our kids up to Utah and then to Idaho. Someone had classes to attend at BYU-I. So not much got cleaned up around here before we left. And that trip will be in another post.


When we got home I had all my Christmas things to take down, I had a lot of catching up to do with my Relief Society calling, and this is a big house and with all our Christmas guests there was a lot of cleaning to do (I'm not complaining - just stating a fact).


Yesterday I finally finished boxing up all the Christmas decorations and we carried them all downstairs. So check that off the list.


Since our guests have gone - and Isaac too - the house is very quiet. I do miss everyone. We really enjoyed having everyone here even if our activities were curtailed because of illness. As I have been cleaning I found lots of evidence of the grandkids - two very mobile and one who finally got crawling while he was here.


Let me list a few:


Calvin put things into the kitchen cabinets - spoons, lids, magnets, etc. (It was hard to find a picture of Calvin by himself because Sadie was stuck to him like glue.)


Sadie left so many hand made get well cards, original artwork, and fun foam Christmas trees decorated our walls, fridge, and counters.


As mentioned in an earlier post - Zachary initiated our carpet with a diaper disaster.



So each of them have done their share. And jointly they probably dropped about a ton of Cheerios and Lucky Charms on my floor. I am still finding those.

And one last evidence of their visit here - sticky hand prints and even mouth and tongue prints on my arcadia door. I need to clean those off - for sure - but don't blame me if I leave one or two. It sort of reminds me of how really cute they are and I don't miss them quite so much.





2 comments:

Shirl and Bill said...

Yes, I wondered when......
So fun to be together though.
Cute kids pictures....

becky d said...

Yeah! An update! I miss you when you are too busy to write, but I'm looking forward to more posts. It was fun to get together with your family - minus Evan's bunch. Thanks for having us over. And thanks for having the flu bug gone by the time we arrived.