Monday, March 28, 2011

Garden

News on our garden.

Our peas have just about dried up. Our total produce from the peas - about 1/2 cup. I was highly disappointed in their production level. But I saved them up and cooked them one night. They were OK - I like eating them raw better. Maybe peas will not be on our list for next year. I will probably pull them out soon and put in some beans. Maybe we'll get better production from beans. (Shanna - our plant expert - any suggestions from you for a good garden vegetable to try?) The spinach next to the peas is still producing and looks really good so we'll just let that continue to grow in that garden box for the time being. We also assembled another raised garden using cinder blocks. I don't know how they will work in the heat but we're going to give them a try. We put 8 tomato plants in that garden. So wish us luck on those. Can you tell who is taking the pictures of the garden? Clue is in the last picture seen below.

2 comments:

Shanna Selin said...

Your spinach looks good! I can't wait until we can start our garden!

I don't know much about gardening in Phoenix, but do you guys like peppers? It seems like they would do especially well in Phoenix since they love the heat.

Shirl and Bill said...

Who is that!? Spinach looks good. I love spinach......