Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dinner and Dessert

Tonight we are having friends over for dinner.  I'm going all out and making   .   .   .   .   .   . TACOS.  Doesn't everyone like tacos?  So today I need to get a few groceries in order to make that happen.  And I haven't decided yet what to make for dessert.  Lemon poppy seed bundt cake?  Brownies?  Ice cream bars?  Nothing is sounding right just yet. 

Maybe I should make Churros.  Last Wednesday a professional baker came over and taught the Young Men how to make Pate Choux.  Then they made cream puffs and eclairs in the shapes of mice, swans, and even words like "Happy 45th" (it was his 45th anniversary that night).  Back to the topic at hand - he said you use this Pate Choux for many many other things including Churros.  So maybe I'll do that for dinner's dessert - but probably not.  I'm just plain lazy!

2 comments:

lindzandrob said...

Brownies with a little ice cream is always a favorite of mine...or a pazookie?? Yum!

Shirl and Bill said...

French dining. Sounds very interesting.
Sailing, sailing, over the bounding main???