Friday, January 20, 2012

More hiking

Today I did more hiking.  I drove out to White Tanks.  I parked outside the park so I only had to pay $2 to get in. But that also meant a 1/4 mile walk to the park.  Forgot the camera. Dang!  I completed 11.4 miles though.  The cool thing about today was seeing so many military jets flying around.  I kept seeing them fly over by twos.  In the morning I saw them flying away from Luke.  Then in the afternoon they all returned.  I bet I saw 10 pairs flying overhead in the afternoon.  Now that was cool!

I don't think I'll be doing any more hiking tomorrow.  Why?  Because between Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's hiking I have booked 34.2 miles.  My feet are feeling the miles.  And I just did the math - I have a total of 96.3 miles complete.  WaHoo!  I think I can afford to take tomorrow off and finish during the week.  But then again - 4 miles will feel really short.  Maybe I should do more hiking tomorrow.  What do you think? 

2 comments:

becky d said...

Um.....I'll give you my 3.7 miles that I'm sure I accumulated while shopping for the bathroom remodeling/decorating. Your feet can thank me later.

Shirl and Bill said...

I tried to leave a comment yesterday. Didn't take.
I would be scared to hike alone the way things are today...translation( I just haven't got it) tee heel