Monday, March 12, 2012

Eggs

One of my Aerobics Instructors is Mormon.  She also hikes a lot.  I have been hiking with her quite a few times.  So she emailed me this week and said they were hiking from Dreamy Draw to Squaw Peak and back on Saturday afternoon.  I knew Doug was going to be gone so I took her up on the offer. 

We hiked 6.6 miles at the speed of 2.8 miles per hour.  You math lovers can figure out how long the hike took us to finish. 

Anyway, when we finished she asked me to come over to her house and get some eggs.  I was happy to do that.  Farm fresh eggs?  You bet! 

She has about 12 chickens - 11 hens and 1 feisty rooster that loves to attack my friend on occasion.  I've seen the buises and scratches on her legs when she has given us the run-down about the attacks.  So as we walked back through the chickens she carried a large stick to protect herself from this rooster.  She also poured out some "scratch" feed to keep all the chickens happy and away from us as we gathered the eggs

She put the fresh eggs in a bag along with about 20 others that were sitting in a basket on the counter.  The actual total was 25 - but one developed a surface crack on the way home.  When I washed it - it sort of imploded and there was no saving the contents.  So I ended up with 24 organic and free range chicken eggs.  YUMMY!

The fun part is that the eggs come in many shades.  Here is a picture which shows them arranged from lightest to darkest.  It is quite pretty to see.
 

Ooops!  One of those eggs doesn't belong.  Can you find the egg that doesn't belong?  Yes, there it is on the far right.  It turns out that that egg is larger and much darker than the others.  It is also wood.  It will serve as this years Egg Bash Trophy. 

There have been silver trophies and at least 1 golden trophy.  The gold one was made in error but by the time I remembered it should be silver it was too late to make a correction.  This year is Arizona's Centennial celebration so I decided to make the egg trophy a lovely copper color.  I know that makes you all so much more determined to be the grand winner this year.  It will be a one-of-a-kind, never to be repeated trophy. So start warming up your release arms, perfecting your rolling technique, and zero in on your aim for a fun Egg Bash 2012. 

2 comments:

Shirl and Bill said...

Reminds me of Mayer.
I always wanted someone (?) else to get the eggs!!

Kevin_Amold said...

Ok, let's do the egg bash.