Sunday, March 4, 2012

On the Lake

Yesterday we had a wonderful day on the lake.  We met up with Scott, my sister, Trudy, and my mom and went sailing on Tempe Town Lake.  It was a beautiful day - possibly 75 degrees.  So when we got the sailboat all rigged and in the lake we got settled on the boat and Doug pushed us off for some sailing adventures.  The problem is that he pushed us off while standing on the dock.  I was left holding the tiller and in charge of the adventure.  YIKES! Scary - not just for me but for my passengers as well. 

Scott had been sailing with us once before so I was using his "expertice" to help us move smoothly on the lake.  Trudy and Mom were great passengers.  And actually I had Trudy working the jib sail on the starboard side of the boat. I couldn't have asked for any better helpers than Trudy and Scott - unless I had some more experienced people on board. 

For the most part we had some good wind and made some progress in our journey around the lake.  I think everyone really enjoyed it.  I had one or two small glitches.  But as the saying goes, "What happens on board - stays on board."  So we will go  to our graves keeping those glitches to ourselves.  Right, everyone?  Good.


 Well here are a few pictures we'll share of our fun on the lake

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

Glitches? Where was I?
Should I be scared???