Friday, March 23, 2012

Thunderbird Trail

I watched Billie for a few days while Mom was in Utah.  It went pretty good.  I decided on Friday to take Billie on a field trip.  We wanted to see the progress on the Phoenix Temple.  The Thunderbird Trail is very close to the new temple.  So we thought we'd also take a walk/hike on the trail for a little exercise and fresh air. 


We loaded in the car.  I took the leash, some water, and the camera.  Then we were off.  We got out of the car when we got to the temple and discovered that the viewing area is only opened at noon - it was only 9ish.  So that was suddenly off the list of things to do.  All we could see was this huge crane through the opened gate.
 

We drove the quarter mile or so to the parking lot for Thunderbird Trail.  We got out of the car and were off.  I had been there once before and thought I remembered it being pretty level and not too rocky.  I thought Billie could handle that.  And sure enough she did great.  There were a couple spots that had big step-ups.  But Billie was a trooper and did great.  She did so much sniffing that she was in smell heaven! 


And everyone, did I say everyone?  Everyone loved seeing Billie.  They did baby talk to her and said how cute she was.  She was a hit - for sure.  We didn't go too far - then we turned around and went back.  It was a great outing - for both of us.

The only negative that I can think of is that Billie got very very dirty.  The Thunderbird Trail was indeed a dirt trail so there was dust flying with every footstep/pawstep.  Billie's belly is a low-rider so she came home a couple shades darker than she left.  But she was very cooperative and let me put her in my tub and spray her off. 

That is my story about our hike on the Thunderbird Trail.

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

How did I miss this blog earlier?? Yeah, her smelling things can be very annoying. Specially if your trying to keep a pace.......Bet she loved it though