Sunday, September 23, 2012

Bar Stools

I haven't been sitting around doing nothing.  I have been busy.  I can finally blog about my Bar Stools project. 

The story begins before I went to high school.  My mom bought 3 olive green naugahyde bar stools for the house on 36th Drive.  They took a beating - we used them a lot.  Then years later when she moved to Utah and we bought that house the bar stools stayed with the house. 

I covered them once with a neutral color.  When we moved here the bar stools remained in the storage shed at the old house.  When we got our storage room built here we emptied the old shed and brought the contents over here.  And what should appear?  Bar stools.

They were in pretty rough shape.  So I decided to recover them again.  Only this time I completely re-did them.  I painted the foot bars, I put new cushions on the chairs, I re-stained the wood legs, and I stapled new covers on the bottom of the bar stools

Behold the entire project:

Start Bar Stools Project

 
Tear Down 
Mashed Seat pad
 
One stripped - one waiting 
 
New cording
Pinned Bar Stool seat cover 
 
 Sewing the cover
Finished Bar Stool cover
All stripped, legs on front sanded, back 2 are stained.
Also foot bars sanded and newly painted a shiny black.
Cover on Bar Stool
 
 Cuts in material allow for pulling the cover tightly around legs.
 Foot applying pressure and using power stapler to secure material.
No stapled fingers or toes - that is a plus.
Old paper on bottom of Bar Stools.
 New cover looking pretty good.
Completed Bar Stools project.
They look pretty good. 
 

No comments: