Sunday, September 23, 2012

Phase 10

Tonight was game night.  Isaac chose Phase 10.  That game usually starts with vigor but soon draggs on and on.  And actually we don't usually finish the entire game.  What usually happens is that when Doug is ahead he decides it is getting late and quits - therefore ending the game while he in the lead.  It is true - ask anyone in the family.

Anyway tonight that wasn't going to happen.  Isaac was on a streak and was in the lead.  I think he was 3 hands ahead of us when he got to his Phase 10 hand.  So Doug and I desperately ganged up on him using every SKIP card we had to slow his progress.  And any progress for him would mean he finished the game.  Sure enough we held him off and moved another Phase closer to him.  Then another.  A little frustration could be sensed coming from Isaac.  Then a little more than frustration.  I would say a lot of frustration and a little anger as Doug and I slowly played our Phases and moved closer and closer to Isaac.  And as you probably can guess - pretty soon we were all 3 going for our Phase 10

Yes, we had tied things up.  This was the match to really end the game.  The winner of this round would be the real champion.  What would happen?  Well I actually ended up playing my Phase 10 hand first.  I had a set of 5 and a set of 3 - but could not use all my cards.  Pretty soon Isaac also played his Phase 10 hand.  But he couldn't use all of his cards either.  And after a few more minutes Doug was able to play his Phase 10 hand.  Can you believe it?  A 3-way tie.  Never happened before.  Probably won't happen again that same way.  (If you talk to Doug he'll probably try to claim the "ultimate" victory - but don't fall for that.)

THIS IS MY SECOND POSTING FOR THE DAY - SO READ ON.

1 comment:

Carrie Selin said...

Carrie is right - I claim the ultimate victory because I played all my cards and had none left in my hand. I think all will agree that this qualified me as the overall winner. Doug.