Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Waiting and Wondering

Lately I have been waiting and wondering. You might want to know why I have been waiting and what I have been wondering about. I'll fill you in - but you have to promise to add your comment at the end of this post. Promise? OK. Now you can read the details. This April Fools Day was pretty lame. Doug and I tried to catch each other with the old, "You have sauce on your white shirt." and other stuff like that. Pretty LAME-OOO. But we were leaving early for the cannery and temple and I just didn't get any fooling done. However, I think I said something like, "I guess as long as a person puts together a joke on the 1st it would still count as an April Fools Day joke." Doug says he was laughing inside because he had already set up a joke. Here is the problem. It is April 5th and I haven't found his joke yet. It seems it must be a little obscure if I haven't found it in 5 days time. Right? Will it count as an April Fools Day joke? That is what you need to comment on. Will he get credit for it or not? I expect a bunch of comments/votes on this. And you can comment now while I am still waiting and wondering.

8 comments:

Carrie Selin said...

Dang! I can't get the spacing like I want it on the post. Sorry you'll just have to read it in one big lump. Frustrating! I have tried at least a dozen times to fix it the way I want it but it just keeps reverting back to one paragraph! I give up!

The Gardner Gang said...

That's a tough one. I just might have to wait and see what the actual joke was to vote on it. My first instinct is "NO WAY WOULD IT COUNT!" Possibly the joke was not very good in the first place and now Uncle Doug is just ashamed it's carried on this long. Can't wait to see what it was.

Also -- Not getting the spacing right is very frustrating and I have no idea why it happens sometimes. However!!... I know the solution. When creating your post, you can type "
" in between paragraphs and it will leave a line free of text.

The Gardner Gang said...

Okay, so my spacing solution did not show up in my last comment, I'm guessing because it's an actual command. So I'm going to type it with a space between each character: < b r / >
Make sense?

lindzandrob said...

I am with Carolyn...I need to know what the joke is...if it is something small, then NO WAY. But if it turns out to be really hilarious or something, I guess it might count. Let us know when you figure out what it is!

Shirl and Bill said...

Yeah I agree. It better be good Doug having to wait till it's found, the wait would just kill me......

Kevin_Amold said...

Hmmm, my response is it can count, so long as it was clearly set up on April 1.

evans said...

Sure it counts. Especially if it turns out that there was no joke at all. That would be really funny!

becky d said...

I'm going to have to agree with Scott and Evan. As long as you can CLEARLY tell it was set up on April 1st, the joke counts. However, my real thought is that he forgot to do something and now he has to figure out something to make it look like that something has been sitting around awhile. Maybe he'll add dust on top of it just to make it look like it has been waiting for someone to find it. Hmmm...