Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Adult Bed

Well Isaac gets home in 9 days - but who's counting? Anyway I was taking a survey of the bed situation and decided it was time to get another Adult Bed. All through the kids growing up years they slept on trundle beds or bunk beds or just singles - but they were only mattresses. These types of beds didn't have box springs. So for an adult they are . . . well, less than comfortable. They kids never complained. They didn't know anything different. But getting an Adult Bed will come in handy when we have visitors or family come to visit. (BTW - that never happens! We keep inviting people to come and no one does. Maybe now they know we have another Adult Bed they will be lining up at the door to come and stay.)

Anywho (as Isaac would say) we shopped around and got a simple but adequate bedroom set. I am going to get started with painting in the basement so I didn't want it set up down there just yet. The only other bedroom left upstairs is the "pink" room. So Isaac will be sleeping in a very comfortable pillow-top Adult Bed surrounded by lovely pink walls. He's going to love it, I'm sure. Oh well, it will do for now.

So in case you didn't get the hint in the previous paragraph, I'll say it again.

WE HAVE A LARGE HOUSE
AND ADULT BEDS
FOR ANY/ALL FAMILY OR FRIENDS
WHO WOULD LIKE TO VISIT.

I'd like to think I can cook a good meal or two as well. So call us up and we'll put your scheduled visit on the calendar. I think I heard Doug state that the first of his family that comes and stays with us will get a . . . well some special do-dad for doing so. Doesn't that sound inviting? As for my family (other than our children) I could match Doug's offer.

I guess our equation is:
New Big House + Adult Beds = Lots of company
(make it happen)

2 comments:

evans said...

I visited. Does that not count? No prize for me??

Unknown said...

The only way we'll get there this year is if we get an assignment there. Hey, it's possible, and I really want the prize.