Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Guests for dinner

The Sister Missionaries need dinners and we signed up to have them over yesterday, Tuesday. I was crazy busy but thought I could pull it off.

Crazy busy meant:
1. Tennis - 8-10:30
2. Shower
3. 11:30 or so - take Isaac to get new drivers license because his has peeled apart - took like forever!
4. I got some needed groceries while Isaac waited at the DMV.
5. We got home from the DMV at about 2:45.
6. Got a confirmation call from the Missionaries that we were their dinner hosts - I tried to make the dinner appointment at 6 but she thought they needed to be here at 5:30 in order to get to an appointment. Rats! No extra time to get dinner ready!
7. I needed to mapquest a route to deliver 19 birthday magnets to our Relief Society sisters who have February birthdays.
8. I boiled eggs and potatoes for potatoe salad
9. Left at about 3:30 to make deliveries with the RS President.
10. Called Doug on my way to pick up the RS President and gave him pretty detailed assignments to help the dinner come together on time. He was great! Got everything done and seemed happy to do it. I'll have to give him assignments more often! THANKS DOUG!
11. Finished delivering 13 magnets and decided to do the rest Friday afternoon.
12. At 4:45 or so I rushed home to assemble the potatoe salad and make sure everything would be in place on time.
13. Isaac had 2 friends stop by - Wadzi and Samantha - This didn't take up any of my time. He invited them to dinner. They didn't stay. Too bad.
14. 5:30 came and went with no sign of the missionaries.
15. About 5:50 I said, "Shall we just go ahead and eat?" (I was starving!) But Doug said, "No, we'll just wait." Rats again!
16. We got a call about 2 minutes later stating that they were running late and that we could go ahead and eat. If they finished up pretty soon they would stop by and eat - but if they didn't finish up very soon they wouldn't come.
17. So we ate - hot dogs and hamburgers, potatoe salad, chips, pork and beans, and pop - without the missionaries. Isaac entertained us by having a conversation with our missing "invisible" guests.
18. At about 6:30 the missionaries, who were our guests for dinner, finally showed up. We got the burgers and hot dogs back on the table and they enjoyed the meal - I hope. The reason they were late was that one sister had been sick and finally ended up going to the doctor. He determined that she had pneumonia. Yikes!
Well I made it through - the event was a success - but I suffered from a headache afterwards.

I'm feeling better this morning - thanks for asking.

2 comments:

Lckevan said...

Sheesh. That does sound like a busy day. A busy day for me is if I walk to the library AND the post office. haha. At least they did end up stopping by to enjoy your delicious meal!

evans said...

Isn't it spelled potato? Bring some o' them burgers up here.