Friday, February 5, 2010

Retro

Retro TV has changed our life. Doug loves watching Retro TV. He sets up in his "office" in the family room after work; in recliner with feet up, with laptop on lap, two TV controllers at hand. He turns on Retro TV and watches with glee. He has two favorites - Adam 12 and Dragnet. But I'm pretty convinced that any/all of these shows would be his pick if he always decided what was on TV. And I must admit it is nice to know that there won't be anything inappropriate to worry about when Retro is on. No bad language, no inappropirate scenes, and any inappropriate situations are only vaguely referred to. Ah, yes - clean TV. And it comes free - over the newly digitized airwaves.

Just in case you are wondering, the complete list of available retro shows follows: Daniel Boone, Marcus Welby, M.D.,The Bold Ones, Quincy, Ironside, Simon & Simon, Emergency, Kate & Allie, Leave It To Beaver, McHale's Navy, Peter Gunn, Adam 12, Dragnet, I Spy, Magnum P.I., Knight Rider, A-Team, Kojak, The Cisco Kid, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Operation Petticoat, Laredo, Wagon Train, Alias Smith & Jones, The Rifleman, Robin Hood, It Takes A Thief, Run For Your Life, RTN Mystery Theater, Sheriff Lobo, RTN Mystery Theater, Voyagers, Dragnet, Airwolf, Buck Rogers, Simon & Simon, Battlestar Galactica, Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew,and Suspense Theater.

If you want to see any of the listed shows just let us know. You can come watch anytime you want. We can record some episodes of your favorite show for you to watch later. But in order to do that you must have a working VHS player. I guess that is pretty retro too.

OK, you can do it,
just call us "Retro" to our face -
we'll answer,
we aren't ashamed.

1 comment:

becky d said...

Wow! I'm retro right there with you. I wish we had that channel. I too was a super fan of Dragnet, back in my Mayer days with Starla. But Quincy, Marcus Welby, MD., Hawaii 50, and Mission Impossible were some of my favorites as well. Oh, and one that I didn't find on your list: Medical Center, with Dr. Joe Gannon !! I think it was Chad Everett that starred in it - major HUNK! Thanks for the memories.