Sunday, September 12, 2010

Labor Day

OK so it took me a week but I will mention Labor Day. We enjoyed it with Mom. We picked up Kristina and headed for Mesa - with tools.


We started to attach the cabinet handles that Becky and Mom found while digging around in a dark and dingy store. They were nice and we were making good progress. We only really made one - Oopsie. Drilled the wrong side of the cabinet door - that door definitely opens the wrong way! Oh well - a little wood putty and it will be like new. Sorry mom.


The real post for this Labor Day in Mesa was about the movie. We went to watch "Get Low". It was a pretty good movie. We went expecting the theatre to be empty-ish. But when we were buying the tickets the lady said the theatre was pretty full and we better hurry in and get some seats. It was true - we didn't even find 6 seats together. We found 4 seats together on the very top row. But Isaac and Kristina had to sit all alone right near the front - I'm sure that broke their hearts!


The movie was pretty good and the credits were rolling up. We were heading out. As we started down the stairs and then turned the corner to continue down the ramp to the doors my shoe was feeling strange. When we got to the doors I took off my shoe to see the problem was - A WAD OF GUM STUCK TO THE BOTTOM OF MY SHOE. I hate that! I really hate that!


My kids were embarassed that I was walking with shoe in hand. And when I got to the refreshment counter I got a napkin and got most of the gum off. It looked like someone had tried to wrap it in the gum wrapper but it didn't fit and had squished out and adhered to my shoe anyway.


But that was when the interesting stuff started. As I complained about the rudeness of someone dropping gum on the ground one of my sons made mention that he had just wrapped his gum in the wrapper and dropped it on the floor of the theatre. WHAT!?! How dare he. But he was sort of laughing and defending himself by saying he wrapped it in the wrapper.


So the end of the story is that I had stepped on his freshly wrapped gum, it was stuck on my shoe, and it was all his fault. Which son do you think did this dasterdly deed? If you were paying attention to the story you'll know for sure. Bombard this son of mine with lots of mean emails and give him the "skank eye" and anything else you can think of. He deserves a little punishment. Thanks!


Anyway, that is what I remember about Labor Day - gum my own son dropped on the floor of the theatre stuck to my shoe.

2 comments:

Shirl and Bill said...

ow do you get even with someone who does that? Let me think!!
It was a good day..........

trudy said...

OOOHHH, bad enough to have that happen. The icing-on-the-cake??? Is that your offspring did that!!
And that he CONFESSED.....OOPS