Thursday, September 9, 2010

Relief

Last night when I came home from a meeting there was a breeze blowing and it wasn't hot. It was pleasant. I smiled a big smile and that was that. But this morning when I went out it was downright cool - 65 degrees. And the best part was that there was no stink in the air from the cattle lot just one mile away.

What did I do? I ran inside turned off the A/C units and started throwing open the windows. Then I secured our double fan unit in a basement window and started blowing the pleasant cool air in the house. I could see the inside thermometer slowly getting lower and lower. From 81 to 80 to 79 - well you get it. It felt great.


And here it is almost 8:00 and I just now turned the fan off and shut the windows. But a morning like this lets me know that we will soon be having some relief from our summer heat! How nice!

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

YES....Love the cool mornings.
Hope they are just around the corner......