Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What I was doing during lunch

I thought I would answer Lindsey's question about what I was doing during lunch.





I was playing with dry ice.





I went to our favorite ice cream sandwich place called Excel. This place sells all the unique toys, candies, and ice creams that the ice cream men load in their musical ice cream trucks and sell to people all over the valley.




Doug was in charge of the joint mutual activity this month and he wanted ice cream sandwiches for treats. Now these ice cream sandwiches at Excel are super duper ones. They are super duper because they are very large - probably double the size of the ones you get in the regular grocery stores. They are super duper because they have the very large plain vanilla ice cream sandwiches PLUS they have very large neopolitan ones AND very large mississippi mud ones (our favorite hands down). And so I also bought some dry ice to keep the very large and super duper ice cream sandwiches frozen until the evening activity.






Back to playing with dry ice. There were 2 pieces of dry ice that survived the night in our ice chest. So I took them out and put them into a bowl and put some water in and played around. That is what I was doing during lunch.





Fun.




4 comments:

Lckevan said...

Those mississippi mud ones are my favorite too!

Shirl and Bill said...

Interesting things we do to amuse ourselves when we are home all alone. ooooooohhhhh

trudy said...

OOHHHHHH, I am missing out on the fun. Guess I need to find some myself.

becky d said...

Oh, next time invite me over. That dry ice show would well be worth the 45 minutes to get to your house. I hope you will have 'wet' ice too, because I might be thristy after my long drive over there.