Monday, November 15, 2010

Build-a-Bear

Have you ever gone to a mall and seen the store called Build-a-Bear? Just the other day Doug and I were wondering how that place stays in business. It just seems like a one time deal - if that. I have never been tempted to even go in one of those stores. But every once in a while you see someone in there getting some instructions or just looking around. I just can't imagine many folks actually building-a-bear. But then this happened.


I went into Isaac's room at peril of my life. It is usually in dire need of a hazmat team. But I try not to say much. Anyway there was something peculiar looking on his bed. It was a shiny green curvy shaped thingy - sort of princessy looking. So I dared to ask what that was. Guess what it was - yep a finished product from a Build-a-Bear establishment.


Let me describe. This was no bear. It was actually a monkey. Didn't even know that option existed. But it was a monkey - for sure - long skinny tail. You never see a bear with a long skinny tail - yes, definitely a monkey. It was all dolled up with an outfit that made it look like Ariel from the Disney movie, "The Little Mermaid". The shiny green curvy shaped thingy was the skirt that made the monkey look like a mermaid. The bikini top - purple in color was properly placed. There was also a bright red wig that attached by putting loops over the monkey ears - that was definitely an Ariel wig. There were some other accessories - like a baseball glove and bat. I don't know why those things were with an Ariel. Oh wait a minute, yes I do. The person who gave the little Ariel monkey to Isaac played softball in high school.
Can anyone guess her name?
Oh, and did I forget to mention the
large red heart-shaped pillow with
"I Love You"
attached to one of the monkey's arms?
Let's not forget that.

So I guess the Build-a-Bear store nearest Kristina's house is flush with her cashola. It is cute. Isaac sure likes it. So that's my story for today.

2 comments:

Shirl and Bill said...

Well the build a bear made out there, or the store anyway. What is Isaac going to do when he leaves for school. We could send him build a bear pieces every month and he could build his own. Or no, wait, Christina can do that.

Lckevan said...

Haha. good idea grandma! That is a very...interesting bear monkey.