Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Woody

Have you all forgotten me? I've been busy, I guess. But I need to write today.

This morning when I went to play tennis it was a chilly 50 degrees outside. I tried to be tough and not wear a jacket but I just couldn't do it. I took one and was glad I did.

But the reason I am writing is to tell you about Woody. Woody, is a guy we saw playing tennis today. He was an older gentleman who was playing on the next court over with 3 other pals. They were pretty good (but they seemed to ignore the baseline because every serve they hit was a foot fault). Anyway, when we were stopped I would glance over and watch Woody. He did pretty good. And pretty soon I was amazed, actually at how good he played.

I didn't even know Woody. Never noticed him before. He was really just an ordinary player except for one thing.

HE WAS PLAYING WITH AN
ANTIQUE WOODEN TENNIS RACQUET!!!


Wow! I haven't seen one of those things in action for decades. It looked tiny compared to the newer larger heads - but he was holding his own fairly well.

Just wanted you to know he will forever be remembered in my mind as: Woody.

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

Woodie's racket. Probably used it forever. I'm checking in to a tennis guru here.....we'll see