Thursday, November 25, 2010

Taxi anyone?

Over the years I have often felt like a taxi driver. I spent many hours shuttling kids to various places: school, church activities, seminary, wrestling practice, gymnastics, piano lessons, organ lessons, soccer games, softball games, flag football, scouts, scout outings, friends - and I'm sure many more but I wanted to get on with the post. Anyway there were many times that I felt like saying, "Taxi anyone?" It seemed to be my main job. I almost bought me a uniform and bright yellow vehicle one time. I figured maybe I could pick up a few paying jobs when my vehicle was empty going to or from one of the above stated activities. Regretfully I never did.


Well this post is about a recent opportunity to play taxi fell into our laps. Well it didn't really fall there - Doug offered. And this time I was very happy we said, "Taxi anyone?"


Dougs folks planned a cross country trip. They would stop here for a visit. They don't seem to like flying and usually drive themselves from the east coast and make stops along the way for visits with friends and family. But this time the trip was airborn. Doug offered to save them a few bucks and relieve them the dreaded flight from Phoenix to SLC. "Taxi anyone," he said. Surprisingly they jumped at the offer so we were going to Utah. AGAIN!


Not that we ever mind a trip to Utah. We love seeing our kids. But I had just bummed a ride to Utah with Scott in September. And stayed up there for a week. Then Doug drove up to spend a long weekend up there in order to pick me up and bring me home. Their trip to Phoenix and desired "taxi" trip to Utah was in October. I hope the kids don't get tired of seeing us!


Anyway, these are the pictures I took from that trip. Not one of mom and dad - but they were busy taking pictures and I hope they share them with us eventually.

Calvin and Zachary facing off




Saide giving kisses to Calvin - wanted or not.


Feeding frienzy. And the winner is . . .




No explanation needed.


Siblings sharing - so sweet!



Watching daddy.



Playing with the house.


Sweet Sadie looking through the door to her play house.

That trip is becoming very routine for us. We enjoy the drive. We are always willing to drive up to Utah. So if anyone is heading up there and needs a delivery made, or buys a ticket to a Salt Lake Real game and needs some way to get up there, or needs to get a student either to or from BYU, or wants a load of snow to bring to Arizona, or wants to go to General Conference, or any other numberless reasons - remember we like to ask, "Taxi anyone?" And we mean it!

No comments: