Friday, November 12, 2010

September in Utah

My blogging has been lazy. I have lots to tell you but not enough time to do it. I want to post some pictures of my trip to Utah in September.

Scott had a furlough day from work and wanted to go up north. So I took the opportunity and invited myself to go with him. I talked Doug into coming up the next week for a visit and then we both would drive home. That gave me a week up in Utah - perfect!

This was my first extended trip in Scott's sporty yellow car. It was nice enough but not as luxurious as I am used to. For example - no cup or water bottle holders. How does one travel without that? It was tough roughing it - but he was pretty good company. We made good time and then settled in for a nice visit.


We stopped in Springville after our drive and got to see the Kevan's. One of the special things we did was have Sadie try on a dress that was Lindsey's when she was little. Actually, my mom handmade the dress - the smocking too. I think the dress will eventually be worn by her - it is still really cute!



Zachary has really grown. He is chubby and happy and loved. He certainly adds a great piece to the Kevan Klan.



No trip to see the Kevan's is complete without a trip to their neighborhood park. We always enjoy going. Sadie likes to swing, and slide, and climb, and run, and dig, and has sooo much fun!


On the way home she was a little princessy. She needed the shade from my jacket to keep her out of the sun. Such a little thing to make her feel special.

When I was finally able to see Evan and Shanna and Calvin - he wasn't too sure about me. He was a little nervous. But he slowly warmed up enough to play with his toys and he allowed me to stay in his house while he played.

Another day - another trip to the park. This time Lindsey could play with Sadie because I was there to watch Zachary and to man the camera.





One afternoon we met up with Shanna and Calvin at BYU to browse through a Farmers' Market. Shanna bought some veggies and Lindsey bought some delicious peaches. Yumm! Calvin wasn't too sure about the whole outing. But we all managed to survive and all things considered it was pretty fun.


Here are the boys together. Calvin is about 8 months old and Zachary about 4 months old. Cousins - if they live close to each other they would be tight friends. But who knows where everyone will wind up. For now they get together pretty often and try to enjoy each other.


This might have been a little mean - but Calvin seemed OK with it. He was chasing the train around the track. Finally he got it - but it was fun to watch.






Finally Doug arrived and he was so happy to see his little grand kids! He loves them so much! Our first job together was to babysit Calvin. That was a toughie. He is a little nervous when his parents aren't around. But we managed to feed the little guy. Then he started warming up to us enough to play a little. But mostly he liked Doug because he had the Cheerios and kept Calvin flush with them.

This is the first picture of Calvin that looks even a little bit like Evan. I just think it is the look on his face - but I do see a little Evan there.

One big job while we were there was to replace the Kevan's toilet. The old one wasn't a powerful flusher. So Lindsey picked out the new one - it promised to be able to flush a dozen golf balls. I hope they don't try it. But unlike so many home repair projects - this one went smoothly and we were back in the bathroom doing our real business in no time.

Old one out . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .new one in.

A delicious cobbler that Lindsey made for us - heavenly!




Shanna made pizza for everyone and it was delicious!




Oops the pine cones were not on the menu.

The guys were working really hard to get things ready for the dinner. Yeah, right!



A wonderful trip as always.

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

I just knew you had to have a ton of Utah pictures. So the wait was worth it. Can't wait to see them all next month....