Saturday, November 27, 2010

Decorations

As I mentioned in my previous post we celebrated Isaac's birthday yesterday. I tried to give him breakfast in bed but inexplicably he stumbled out of bed at about 6 am. WHAT!? I usually never see him until 2 minutes before he leaves for school - at about 8:25. So what's the deal?

His girlfriend (my BFF) planned and executed a near perfect job of providing our yard with birthday decorations. Her plan had to be flawless. She texted me for permission. I gave her that. She needed a code to get into the neighborhood. I gave her that too. So I knew it was coming. The toughest thing for them was probably this - it was the coldest night we've had in a very long time. The temperature was near freezing. I think their hands, fingers, ears, and noses were probably very cold by the time they finished. But the results were very nice.

I guess she felt bad that her brother put decorations on the garage and that he "messed up" the decorating. That explains why Isaac was out of bed so early. She texted him so he could clean things up if he thought it was necessary. He took a look asked what I thought. But when I looked, this is what I saw:
Looking out our front door.


Looking back at the front door.

One of three (or maybe 4) signs.


Along the wall the balloon decorations were lined up perfectly.


Birthday banner decoration.


Another Birthday sign decoration.


Yikes! I didn't realize this would be PG-13. Oh, I get it. Mooned - sickle shaped objects and round full "moons". Pretty clever decorations.



In my humble opinion the decorations were not bad at all. In fact, it brought a lot of festive color to our somewhat drab and dull neighborhood. So a huge thanks to Kristina for helping us to make Isaac's birthday memorable.

2 comments:

Lckevan said...

Haha. That is awesome. I love it!

Shirl and Bill said...

Wow, that girl goes all out.
Fun cleanup?????