Monday, August 16, 2010

DOH!

DOH! I hate that! I mean my blood pressure really goes up when that happens! Sometimes I think I'm gonna explode! But venting here will hopefully help prevent that.

Car Insurance - need I say more? It is a love/hate relationship. Over the years we have had to insure 3 boys. That hurts. Especially when we had 3 teenage sons and one teenage daughter all on the policy at the same time. So we decided at the time to try to keep our coverage at the same place so that we had a good long term record with them. Changing coverage to another company would certainly bring higher premiums and we definitely did not want that!

But with our policy coming to an end we decided to do a little shopping around to see if we could do any better. Doug was going to do that but he works and so it sort of fell into my lap if it was going to get done before our policy lapsed. So I spent the a couple of hours each day for 3 days calling places for quotes. I also filled out several quote requests online. And none of those quotes were quick and easy. I mean 3 cars and 3 drivers with varying coverages on each car - sheesh! It was a headache. And as I talked to the people on the phones I clearly explained that I was shopping around for quotes and I would get back to them before our current policy lapsed. I even made sure to ask them if the information would be saved so we could easily get back to it if/when I called back. Sure. No problem. You bet. Absolutely.

Now is where the "DOH" comes in.

I got a call early this morning (well not as early as the last 2 days but early still). It was Demitrius. I had emailed him back and asked him to contact me (he didn't give me his phone number). I wanted to review the quote he gave me to make sure it was correct and to get a policy started and to get a local agent. Well he was so friendly. We started right in. But pretty soon it became apparent that he was asking for all the basic information again. I stopped him and asked WHY? He said they didn't have the information. The quote he gave me was really only good for the 12th! DOH! DOH!


I got ticked off. I told him I was busy and not to call me back until noon. I might not even answer it then. Maybe by then I will have found my own agent and won't even need Demetrius. This whole thing darn near ruined my day. But I won't let it.


Whew, the venting is complete. And I think I'm starting to feel a little bit better now.

2 comments:

becky d said...

I HATE INSURANCE - OF ALL KINDS.

Shirl and Bill said...

I'll remember who to go to for insurance help. c.s