Sunday, August 15, 2010

I hope this is NOT a trend!

It seems that only yesterday I wrote a post about getting an early morning phone call. Wait. Let me check. Yes, it was yesterday when I got a 6 a.m. call to go play tennis. We got another early morning phone call today. Only today the call came in at 5 a.m.

I hope this is NOT a trend!

This morning while trying to enjoy the last few minutes of early morning slumber the phone rang. But it wasn't our home phone. Turns out it was Doug's cell phone. That is never a good sign. It usually means someone at work needs his expertise - he has a lot of that. So today at the literal "crack of dawn" Doug was forced to get his eyes focused and his mind on track and be a problem solver for someone at the Four Courners Power Plant. Unfortunately, after getting some files emailed to us here at home, he needed to travel in to work to check on a few things which would allow him to be perfectly clear on the advice he was giving to the guy on the phone.

I takes about 20 or 25 minutes to get to Doug's work. So off he went. He got to work and looked up some measurements and industry standards then was able to give the guy his instructions. After that he was able to return home. And unfortunately, he got home in plenty of time to make it to every one of his morning meetings. Rats! So with the emergency averted we were able to enjoy an uneventful day from that point on. And did I say it yet?
I hope this is NOT a trend!

No comments: